An Irish Coffee is the perfect hot beverage for the St Patrick’s weekend. Our version is the non alcoholic variety making this quick and easy drink the perfect treat for all the family to enjoy. Coffee and brown sugar are topped with whipped cream to make this fancy mocktail. Stay warm with this fun Irish coffee drink!
INGREDIENTS – Makes Two Cups
- 1 1/3 cups strong black coffee (314 ml)
- 4 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (120 ml)
- 4 teaspoons cocoa powder, for garnish (optional)
- Fill a glass mug with 2/3 cup of hot coffee. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Let the cups stand still until the coffee has completely stopped swirling.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream in a medium bowl until it’s thick but still pour able. Transfer the cream to a pouring jug.
- Pour the cream over the back of a spoon right in the center of each mug. There should be a sharp distinct line between the coffee and floating cream.
- If desired, dust the cream with cocoa powder using a stencil or freehand, and serve immediately
- Enjoy your Irish Coffee
- Use a strong, freshly brewed coffee for the best flavor. We recommend our Aurora blend. You can use a caffeinated or decaf coffee, whichever option you prefer.
- Be sure to use real heavy whipping cream that you’ve whipped yourself. Pre-whipped coffee won’t work as it still needs to be pour able.
- Pour the whipped cream over the back of a spoon. Make sure to use the spoon as this keeps the cream floating on top of the coffee and creates the two distinct layers.