We all deserve a break every once in a while — a coffee break, that is and these coffee brownies are the perfect accompaniment. You only have 15 minutes, so mid-chug, there’s no doubt you’ll also be grabbing a quick snack to go with it. You’re in it for the pick-me-up, so let’s stay caffeinated, shall we and try these coffee brownies? We love to use our award winning Celeste blend for this recipe. The vanilla milk chocolate tones in this coffee blend work so well.
For the Brownies
For the Topping
- 150g (5oz) chocolate
- 40g (1 1/2oz) hazelnuts/walnuts, halved, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius and butter and flour a 9-by-12-inch baking tray. Line the base of the pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the chocolate, butter, coffee, and salt in the top of a double boiler and, over simmering water, melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, and vanilla and whisk until smooth. Add the melted chocolate mixture and continue whisking until well combined. Fold in the flour until you can’t see any traces of white, but do not over fold. Gently fold in the pecans.
- Scoop out into the prepared pan and spread and jiggle the pan until the batter is evenly spread.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the tray comes out clean. Set the tray on a rack to cool for 1 hour. Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen, then cut into squares as desired.
- Melt the additional chocolate and drizzle over the brownies. Scatter the hazelnuts over the top also.
- Serve and enjoy!
Be warned these coffee brownies are moreish!!!